Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chapter 3

Highlights of this chapter:

  • Objective of this religious text
  • Baba's permission
  • Rohilla's story

Sai Baba gave his complete permission to Hemadpant to write this text. Shri Sai gave direct instruction to Hemadpant to continue this work with single pointedness and inspired him to have complete faith in him and not lose courage at any instant. He further assured that if he writes his story all the affects from his sins will cease to exist and whoever listens to these stories wholeheartedly will find peace and comfort in their life.

Shri Sai further gave assurance to everyone of us, "whoever takes my name with love, i'll fulfill all their wishes and increase their devotion towards me. I'll always take care of my people, my stories and my name will give them happiness, peace and success in their efforts. You have to have complete faith in me, its my duty to look after my devotees. My stories will not only remove the obstacles and pain on the material pane but also help resolve all doubts and help devotees realize God. Just remember "Sai Sai", that's the medicine to all the problems of Kalyug".

Well what an assurance, its so simple yet makes me wonder why we fail to comply. I sincerely pray to Shri Sai that he grant his grace so we all remember his name with our every breath.

Shri Sai knew the limitations of a normal average person, he therefor has laid path for a simple approach to attain peace & God realization. Throughout this chapter he is re-iterating the power of these stories and urging everyone to listen, remember and implement the learning from these stories.

Line 17:
कथा करा सादर श्रवण 
त्यावरी करा पूर्ण मनन 
मननावरी निदिध्यासन 
समाधान पावाल

Shri Sai further described in detail the discussion between Shri Krishna and Arjuna as mentioned in Bhagvad Gita. God is present everywhere around, in me, in you, all the moveable creature and also in immovable things. Those who realize this reaches the God state and merges in Him.

Once a Rohilla (Pathan) came to Shirdi and stayed along with Baba. He was a huge, strong guy and completely bullheaded. He had lot of respect for Baba but was completely indifferent to all the villagers in Shirdi. Whenever he felt he used to recite very loudly the scriptures from the Holy Quran and used to get completely engrossed in it. He had a harsh and a very loud voice, but Baba never got disturbed because of it. But that was not the case with villagers, they used to toil all day in the fields and in the evening when they returned home and during nights they were greeted by this loud voice of Rohilla. They let it go for few days, but because of lack of sleep they lost their patience. They didn't want to confront the Rohilla directly, so they decided to talk to Baba instead. On hearing this complaint from villagers, Shri Sai unexpectedly and in a quiet humorous way parted side with Rohilla. Baba warned the villagers that the moment Rohilla stops the recitation, Rohilla's wife will come and harass him like anything. He is continuing the readings just to stay away from his cruel wife. In fact the wife will harass Baba too if she gets hold of Rohilla, so Baba politely told the villagers to accept this situation. The villagers were awestruck and left empty handed. They knew that Rohilla was not married and there is no such wife who is harassing Rohilla and Baba. They later realize that by cruel wife, Baba was in fact referring to Maya. Those who forgets God name, Maya attacks them from all sides and those who remembers God and lovingly take his name, he whom the God protects. 

One day after the afternoon prayers Shri Sai Baba made some extraordinary statements, which every devotees should always remember; "Wherever you are, whatever you do, but always remember i am completely aware of all your actions.

Line 142:
कुठेही असा काहींही करा 
एवढें पूर्ण सदैव स्मरा
कीं तुमच्या इत्यंभूत कृतिच्या खबरा
मज निरंतरा लागती

Those of you experience me so closely, always remember I stay in your heart, I can travel anywhere and I am your Swami. I have transcended all the living and non-living things and yet I'm much more than that. This all is the organization of God and I'm the main driver of all. I am the originator of these universe and the bearer of balance condition of the 3 tendencies (satva, raja, tama). I am the driver of all the sense organs and I am responsible for the creation, preservation and destruction. Those who aim their attention towards me, I take away all their problem. And those who forget me, they have to face the wrath of Maya. 

Hence in this chapter Shri Sai Baba has clearly mentioned his original form and laid down simple steps to reach Him. He re-iterated that just by listening to his stories and learning from them is enough to realize peace, happiness, success, good health and most importantly realize God. Lets fill our heart with the name of Sai, Sai..

Jai Shri Sai !

No comments:

Post a Comment